Advanced 2-day Kanban course for organizations with multiple interlocking Kanban teams and processes.
What type of Kanban initiative is most appropriate for your organization?
How do you manage and evolve inter-dependent Kanban systems over time without trauma?
Learn the answers to these questions and how to improve agility despite asymmetric commitment.
The 2-day Kanban Cadences training workshop builds on the Kanban System Design workshop and focuses on the rollout and daily operation of multiple Kanban systems within software development. This course is an advanced course for those with previous exposure to Kanban.
In Kanban Cadences training you will learn:
- Kanban values: a different approach to introducing Kanban.
- How to develop a service orientation in a software environment.
- Managing evolutionary change.
- How to manage the seven key feedback loops and cadences.
- Setting policies, understanding and setting metrics.
- How to management single and interdependent Kanban systems.
- Building an Information Flow using the 7 Cadences.
- Dealing with resistance to WIP limits.
- How to understand asymmetrical commitment and how to respond.
- The established rollout phases for a Kanban initiative.
The workshop includes examination of a “Scrumban” case study
Who should attend Kanban cadences training?
- Software development managers and project managers.
- Consultants offering Kanban approaches and working to refashion organizations.
- Senior development staff who are preparing to move into management or consulting.
Accreditation and Prerequisites
This course qualifies for KMP II accreditation from Lean Kanban University provided attendees have successfully completed the Kanban System Design (KMP I) module.
Those who have experience working Kanban and have not attended the Kanban System Design course may be accepted by special request but will not be eligible for accreditation under the rules of Lean Kanban University.
Attendees are expected to have read the Kanban book by David J Anderson or Kanban from the Inside by Mike Burrows. An eBook copy of Kanban will be supplied on registration for those who have not already read the book.
- A physical copy Essential Kanban Condensed by David J. Anderson and Andy Carmichael.
- Digital copy of the book Kanban by David J. Anderson.
- Digital copy of the slides and references.
- Digital Certificate of Completion of Lean Kanban University Certified Kanban Training.
- Accreditation by Lean Kanban University as a Kanban Management Professional (KMP).
- Membership in Lean Kanban University and a listing in the LKU Alumni Directory.
This is the second of two necessary steps to the KMP accreditation.
Class size and follow up
Given the interactive nature of this workshop classes are limited to 12 students at a time. Significant discounts are available for organizations requiring multiple classes or booking this class in combination with Kanban System Design or Kanban Starter Day.
A free follow up consulting day with one of the workshop leaders is available to accompany this course. The day may be used to discuss implementation, address specific questions or in a number of other ways.
This workshop is lead by Allan Kelly and Dr Andy Carmichael, an Accredited Kanban Trainer, and author of Essential Kanban Condensed. Together Allan and Andy bring decades of experience in software development, Kanban methods and Agile software development in general.
Interested? – Contact us
Please get in touch to discuss pricing. From our London base we quote all inclusive prices. All areas of the UK are easily accessible as is most of Europe. We even offer a discount for London clients!
Please use our contact form today to find out more.